Monday 10 March 2014

Mum+Dad: Initial Brief

Brief:


Ditto Press came in and set a brief where we were asked to make something we have collected or researched into a publication. I decided to use a collection of photographs of my parents that just sits gathering dust and make it into a publication, looking back at the lost memories of parents when they change their identities and they become mum and dad. 

I have wanted to use my parents / any old photographs in a project for long time but it just never seemed relevant, but as this brief is all about doing something for yourself something that would benefit you / you would gain something from it, I thought this was a great opportunity to take those old photographs and turn them into something else. As I still want the publication to be accessible to others and not turn into just an album of photos of my parents I want to develop a concept about how parents lose their identities of who they used to be when they become mum and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment