Thursday 17 October 2013

TAMARILLO : Further Logo development

Further Logo development:

Below are examples of typefaces that I have been experimenting with. We want something that is bold and clear so I have been looking specifically for that 


From my experimentation I felt that century gothic served a good purpose. It is clear  and strong and will stand out. Bellow are some experimentations that I felt needed to happen with the kerning and height of the type. Through experimentation I now feel I have the Tamarillo looking how I want it to.


The logo for the band needs to represent the concept of being structured, but playful and creative. I experimented with a few designs using a mixture of lines and dots. The line is to represent structure as to create a straight line you need some sort of structure like a ruler. and the dot is to represent creativity as you can create a dot from pretty much anything if you use your imagination.

From looking at the variations we felt that the tamarilo that uses both a line and a dot works the best (middle collum two up) as it hold the whole concept


To simplify the logo I decided to just use the  T from tamarillo as this will able the logo to be used more freely and at smaller scales. Tamarillo as a word felt too long to use as a logo with the spirograph but the T appears to be work a lot stronger.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment