Tuesday 1 October 2013

GENERATED BRIEFS

These are the briefs that I have generated over the summer. I have written more about the ones that I am most likely to take forward into third year. To help me get a better understanding of my direction as a designer I have written what the basics the brief would involve like branding and identity for example, I have also thought about what sectors and industries most apply to me. From reflecting on this I know that I am a designer with an interest in the cultural sector, as I am interested in working for other creatives / exhibitions etc. I am also interested in the working within the music and fashion/retail industry as these are both areas which I have an interest in within design. 


+ Brief 1 :   Exhibition  

Celebrity Culture -
I am fascinated by the way that celebrities have become such a powerful figure in todays culture, they influence what is popular, what is fashionable, opinions etc. If you ask someone who there idol is they quite often will say a celebrity, it has become almost a point of worship. I want to create an exhibition that describes this obsession in todays culture with celebrities and the power that they behold. In this project I aim to create the concept of the exhibition, the identity and branding, and also the promotional material.

+ Brief 2 :  Fashion Branding/identity 

Sunday Best -
I have been approached to create the branding, identity and promotion for a new a fashion retailer Sunday Best. The concept for Sunday Best is fine toothing through vintage garments to find those which are unique  bespoke items and of high quality. I am very interested in this brief as I have always been interested in high end fashion branding, but i am also interested in working for start up companies and this will be an experience of that.

+ Brief 3 : COLLAB - Music

Adopt a Band - 
Collaborative project with Greta where we document the journey from start to finish of 'adopting a band' we are both interested in design for the music industry and also for working for start up businesses, which in a sense this will be as we will take the band that we find, adopt them, and take care pf all their design quarm, taking them from a-z. 

+ Brief 4 : Shop branding/identity

Lotions & potions -
I want to create the branding and identity for a shop that sells 100% natural skin products, which are made infornt of you. There are thousands of recipes online and in old health and beauty books, for natural skin care, hair care, anti ageing etcand I am always fascinated and want to make them but never have the right stuff / get round to it. I think it would be a good concept for people who want to know exactly what is in their skin products / people against animal cruelty.

+ Brief 5 :  Editorial - (short)

Looking for trouble -
I want to create a publication that showcases the pettiness of humans via the internet, by concentrating on Trip adviser and finding the most ridiculous complaints, this will be a humorous piece which I could also turn into promotion for the restaurant, a restaurant guide book.

+ Brief 6 :  Editorial

Face int-t'mud -
This is a project I did briefly for the responsive module, where I created a zine that included photographed journey through Hebden Bridge. The concept of the magazine was that each edition would be based on a different place based in Yorkshire, a way of introducing and educating people about this county. I want to further this idea by transforming it from a zine to more of a luxurious magazine, which would include articles and interesting facts, interviews, quirks of each town. 

+ Brief 7 : COLLAB  Music 

Tamarillo -
Identity and Branding for Leeds based band. Rebranding and direction including promotion, whilst they develop their music. We will be in charge of creating a buzz around the band getting people to notice them creating something new and exciting. 

+ Brief 8 :  campaign / exhibition (short)

Pet theft awareness-


Brief 9 : Artists branding / identity (short)

T.R.M -
Branding identity and promotion for Tom Moore Prints. Setting up his presence within the arts and design 

Brief 10 : (short)

Sock brand -

Brief 11 :

 / Old book new / Poems / witch hunt/ crafty bugger -
Subscription to zine air of mystery comes with t-shirts, posters to make it more substantial than just zine re vamping old book making people interested in finding old books includes tape recording of book so they  can listen to it if they want

Brief 12 :

Crafty bugger -


Brief 13 :

Music video mag / app - augmentated 

No comments:

Post a Comment