Monday 18 November 2013

TRM : Research

Mirko Borsche

Accompanying our exhibition, “Unpligged. Bureau Mirko Borsche. Design Works”, this handmade catalog contains 72 paintings show in our exhibition.
Produced in an limited edition of 100 handnumbered pieces, the mixed coloured prints are enveloped in an screenprinted folder. Unfortunately sold out.



I really love the above pack of prints. I think the execution and craft of the package is spot on as they have created this from hand. I like the mechanisms of the box and the way it folds out. This is definitely a format I will explore for Toms mailer.


Screen Print :

 

I went down to screen printing to watch what goes on. normally when I go to screen printing I am myself screen printing so I thought it would be interesting to go down the road and watch others to try and notice any techniques or movements that might be relevant to toms work. 


Exhibition location:


I have been visiting possible cafe shops and locations that would be suitable to exhibit toms works. I have spoken with Froth and fodder and they have asked me to forward some of toms work and the the same goes with Laynes and also the spray paint shop by the corn exchange. This is very exciting for tom as the last time he exhibited in Leeds was his gradation 4 years ago. 

map:


I have been looking into and thinking about possible ways I could create more space on Toms business card to show off his work in more detail. When thinking things through the idea of a pocket map came to me so I have been researching into way of folding etc the pocket map.



No comments:

Post a Comment